Ready Set School
- Is your child’s pre-school concerned about your son or daughter’s speech, fine motor or social skills?
- Is your child bright (maybe even gifted) with an inquiring mind and a great memory?
- Is your child shy and reluctant to speak up?
- Is focus, attention and concentration an issue for your child?
- Does your child resist activities like colouring and drawing?
- Does your child have unique needs and require a little more practice to manage the social and emotional demands of ‘big school’?
As a parent, you are likely to be the first to notice that your child may need a little extra help taking the step from pre-school to Kindergarten.
Kids First’s unique and popular Ready Set School Program is an intensive series of early learning, language and social skills experiences for children aged 4 to 5.
This program, developed by Kids First’s multi-disciplinary team of child psychologists, speech pathologists, occupational therapists and teachers focuses on your ‘whole child’.
The key advantage of Ready Set School lies in the individual attention that your child will receive from Kids First’s teachers and children’s health professionals.
School Readiness and Social Skills for children aged 4 – 5
Across 5 fun weeks, your preschooler will develop an understanding of:
- Social skills such as turn-taking, cooperating and sharing with other children
- Communication skills encouraging listening and talking (receptive and expressive language)
- Learning behaviours like following instructions, transitioning between activities and completing tasks
- Fine motor skills and correct pencil grip
- Pre-literacy skills including recognising and using phonics, sounds, letters and words
- Pre-numeracy skills developing understanding of problem solving and maths concepts
Ready Set School will not only be fun for your child, but also provide you with professional advice that will enable you to make informed decisions for your child’s education.
Find out more
Bookings for this very popular Kids First service are accepted on a first-in, first-served basis.
Enrolments are being accepted now.
If you would like to find out more about the most comprehensive and innovative school readiness program of its kind in Sydney, contact us on (02)9938 5419 today or complete the inquiry form below and we will contact you to discuss your child’s needs.
Click below to download a free School Readiness checklist