Founder & Teacher
Sonja is the accomplished leader and founder of Kids First. As a qualified teacher for more than 30 years, Sonja has dedicated her life to advocating for the needs of children and families in the community.
Sonja’s years of daily contact with parents, teachers, health professionals, schools and government agencies give her a unique understanding of children’s learning and development needs.
She’s also a busy mum of a child with unique needs herself and truly understands the pressures of family life. Her vision for Kids First is to be a safety net for families who need help, just like she did many years ago.
Her warmth, authenticity, and friendly personality shine on everyone she meets, providing a welcoming environment for everyone at Kids First. At the heart of her mission is to make a real difference in the lives of children and their families.
- Qualified teacher with more than 30 years’ experience
- Former Board member of children’s charity, Lifestart
- Providing staff training and professional development programs for school and preschool teachers
- Presenting seminars and workshops to educate families and other professionals
- Supporting families as they prepare for their child’s NDIS review
- Expert advisor about school readiness, children's learning, and parenting
- Sonja's book SCHOOL READY: A practical and supportive guide for parents with sensitive kids went to the top of Amazon's best seller list within 5 hours of its release
- She has received many awards, including Northern Beaches Business Person of the Year
- Sonja is a sought after public speaker and is often called upon by the media for expert comments on issues affecting children
- She is an enthusiastic consumer of chocolate - any kind, she’s not fussy!