Early Learning Support Specialist
Kirsty has dedicated her 20 year teaching career to giving parents and educators practical strategies to improve children’s learning, social, and emotional futures.
As Kids First’s Assistant Director, Kirsty provides customised, personal support when families need a holistic approach to their child’s learning and development. She also works as an Early Learning Support Specialist to ‘fill the gaps’ that families often experience as their children attend preschool and school.
A specialist in children’s learning, behavioural and social development, Kirsty frequently meets with parents who are planning ‘next steps’ for their children. She empowers families with her professional knowledge to help them make informed, confident decisions for their children’s futures.
- Masters’ Degree in Special and Inclusive Education
- Qualified Special and Early Childhood Teacher
- Post-graduate training in supporting children and families with unique needs
- Early Learning Support Specialist focusing on children’s learning, development, and behaviour
- Conducting classroom observations supporting parents’ and teachers’ understanding of children’s needs in group settings
- Delivering professional development and training workshops for educators
- Coordinating Kids First’s social skills programs for children aged 4 to 12
- Loves a good ‘to do’ list and being organised
- Is navigating the landscape of parenting two teenagers
- Puppy Mumma to Max the spoodle and Molly the beaglier.
- Loves walks in the warm sunshine
- Enjoys ‘Netflix, wine and chill’ time on weekends.