Kate is a child and adolescent psychologist and a PsyBa-Accredited Supervisor. Her experience in psychological and education settings enables her to identify, understand, and nurture children’s individual learning needs.
As a self-confessed “stats geek”, Kate is Kids First Children’s Services’ Queen of Psychometrics! She has expertise and a particular interest in the assessment, diagnosis, and support for children with learning and developmental needs.
Kate is a sought-after clinician renowned for combining her clinical and analytical skills with an engaging and personable approach to assessments. This helps children to quickly feel comfortable and engaged during testing sessions.
She is skilled in conducting functional assessments of behaviour and developing comprehensive Individual Education Plans (IEPs) and support plans for children presenting with specific learning needs, developmental delays, and challenging behaviours.
- Masters’ Degree in Gifted Education (with Excellence)
- Masters’ Degree in Research (Psychology)
- PsyBa-Accredited Supervisor
- Accredited teacher with the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA)
- Certified in the (IB) Primary Years Program.
- Bachelor of Science (Psychology)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychology
- Postgraduate Diploma in Child and Adolescent Mental Health
- Registered Child and Adolescent Psychologist
- Current PhD candidate (Educational Psychology) at the University of New South Wales.
- At Kids First, Kate conducts assessments for:
- Intellectual giftedness – including twice/multi-exceptionality and gifted underachievement
- Specific Learning Disorders (dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Intellectual Disability
- Mood Disorders (e.g. Anxiety & Depression)
- Behavioural and Conduct Disorders
- Standardised academic achievement in literacy, numeracy, and written expression
- Kate is a Committee Member and Secretary of the APS Psychologists in Schools Interest Group and participates in a number of other professional and research communities.
- Kate is an experienced PsyBa-Accredited Supervisor for provisionally registered psychologists, early-career psychologists, and school counsellors