Call us : (02) 9938 5419
Kids First Children’s Services is an award-winning, family owned private practice in Sydney’s northern beaches. Our multi-disciplinary team has an impressive reputation for clinical excellence and for the fun and friendly way in which we help children to overcome their challenges.
Since 2007, our experienced speech pathologists, occupational therapists, child psychologists and teachers have helped thousands of northern beaches children and their families.
With 14 years’ history, we are now expanding and have two career opportunities available.
If you enjoy working with children, families and a close-knit team, this role with Kids First could be for you,
‘Not just any Speechie’
At Kids First, our core values are care, kindness, compassion and making a contribution.
We are not looking for simply ‘any’ speech pathologist. We’re looking for a dedicated team player who has great clinical skills and shares our commitment, mission and values.
If you seek a role where you can contribute to a culture that values whole-hearted connections with children, families and colleagues, this could be the perfect job for you.
If you want to work with a vibrant, values-based team and have the skills to make a positive difference to our practice, we would love to hear from you.
Main responsibilities of this role include
- Providing warm, responsive and evidence based therapeutic support to children aged 3 to 16
- Conducting screenings and assessments to determine children’s needs and provide ethical advice to parents/carers
- Working in partnership with families to meet children’s goals
- Collaborating with colleagues (OTs, speech pathologists, psychologists and teachers) who are part of Kids First’s on-site multi-disciplinary team
- Conducting occasional visits to schools and preschools to support teachers and carers
- Liaising with professionals in the community such as GPs, allied health services, preschools and schools
- Taking advantage of regular supervision and mentoring (provided by Kids First) to support your professional development
Speech Pathology roles at Kids First require some clinical experience, however if you are a new graduate who has additional experience working with children (for example, you have teaching qualifications or extensive paediatric experience in another setting) we encourage you to apply for this role
We are looking for an amazing Speech Pathologist who wants to build a career with us, so if you think you have what it takes, meet the criteria above and are willing to learn, work hard, be mentored and demonstrate commitment to Kids First and the children we work with, tell us why we should consider you for this amazing career opportunity.
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications (degree minimum)
- Current membership of Speech Pathology Australia
- Immediate eligibility for Medicare Provider status
- Warm, caring interpersonal skills and a flexible, “can do” approach
- Experience supporting children with literacy challenges as well as those with speech and language difficulties
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Working with Children Check
- Permanent Australian residency*
- After school, Saturday and school holiday availability
- Local resident of northern Sydney
- Post-graduate experience working with children who have disabilities or other additional needs
- Proactive approach to continued professional development & learning
Want to know more?
Take a look around this website to get a feel for what we do, and if you’d like more information, give Kids First Children’s Services a call on (02)9938 5419 and to have a confidential chat with our director, Sonja Walker