Your work changes kids’ lives for the better!
As a speech pathologist, you make a positive, permanent impact on the lives of children and their families.
And for you, working every day alongside a team of like-minded colleagues adds even more meaning to what you do.
Of course, you:
- Are a fun, confident, and innovative paediatric Speech Pathologist who loves to support kids and their families.
- Have great people skills, are a fantastic communicator and enjoy working as part of a dynamic multi-disciplinary team.
- Are keen to contribute to a culture where whole-hearted connection with children, families and colleagues is an everyday reality.
- Want to be of a vibrant practice where banter and a few laughs is the norm.
- Are committed to using your skills for good.
And maybe right this moment …
- You’re thinking you need a new challenge.
- You know it’s time for a change.
- You’re balancing family and work responsibilities and need a role that’s close to home.
- You’re new to your career as a speech pathologist, but have an extensive working history working with and supporting children and families (such as education or disability support services)
- You’re working in another paediatric environment (e.g. school or community health) and are keen to experience the advantages of private practice.
If this sounds like you, an opportunity to create enormous impact is waiting for you at Kids First Children’s Services.
- Kids First Children’s Services is an thriving, family owned private practice in Sydney’s northern beaches.
- Since 2007, our award-winning speech pathologists, occupational therapists, psychologists and teachers have helped more than 15,000 children and their families.
- With 14 years’ history, we are busier than ever before and our speech therapy team is expanding now in order to meet our community’s needs.
When you join the Kids First team, you’ll:
- Provide warm, responsive and evidence based therapeutic support to children aged 3 to 18
- Work in partnership with families to meet children’s goals
- Collaborate with speech pathologists, occupational therapists, psychologists and special educators who are part of Kids First’s on-site multi-disciplinary team
- Liaise with professionals in the community such as GPs, allied health services and teachers
- Be part of our innovative service delivery program which includes individual interventions, fun small group programs and valuable school holiday activities
- Benefit from weekly team meetings and case conferences as well as team retreats and professional mentoring
Days and hours
We are looking for a speech pathologist to join us initially for 3 to 4 days per week.
(If you prefer to work fewer days, job-sharing will be considered for the right candidates)
Kids First offers its team members the security of generous salaried positions.
Regular professional supervision is an integral part of ensuring that every clinician in our practice has the opportunity to not only be supported, but also to grow as a person and practitioner.
When you join the Kids First team, we provide (and pay for!) supervision that enhances your professional development.
Remuneration for this role will be absolutely aligned with your experience and the value that you bring to our practice.
Not just ‘Any Speechie’
At Kids First, our Core Values are Care, Kindness, Compassion and Making a Contribution.
We are not looking for simply ‘any’ speech pathologist.
We’re looking for a genuine team player, an excellent clinical practitioner and an outstanding communicator who shares our commitment, mission and values.
If you seek a role where you can contribute to a culture that values whole-hearted connections with children, families and colleagues, this could be the perfect role for you.
Speech Pathology roles at Kids First require some clinical experience, however if you are a new graduate who has additional experience working with children (for example, you have teaching qualifications or extensive paediatric experience in another setting) we encourage you to apply for this role
We are looking for a speech pathologist who wants to build a career with us.
If you think you have what it takes, are willing to learn, work hard, be mentored and demonstrate commitment to Kids First and the children we work with, we will consider you for this exceptional career opportunity.
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications (degree minimum)
- Current membership of Speech Pathology Australia
- Immediate eligibility for Medicare Provider status
- Warm, caring interpersonal skills and a flexible, “can do” approach
- Experience supporting children with literacy challenges as well as those with speech and language difficulties
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Working with Children Check
- National Police Check
- Permanent Australian residency
- Ability to support kids and families outside school hours
- Local resident of northern Sydney
- Experience working with children who have disabilities or other additional needs
Email your application to sonja [at] kids-first.com.au and please include:
- A brief cover letter with your CV outlining how you meet the above criteria
- Your resume
- The contact details of two professional referees.
Alternately, please feel warmly welcome to call Kids First Children’s Services on (02) 9938 5419 to have a confidential chat about this role with our director, Sonja Walker.