Call us : (02) 9938 5419
Support for kids with autism & other disabilities
If your child has special needs, you need more than just therapy… you need a special service that is committed to supporting your child and your family.
Welcome to Kids First … where Early Intervention and therapy for kids with Autism, Aspergers, Down Syndrome and other developmental delays is provided by under one roof by experienced speech pathologists, occupational therapists, child psychologists and teachers.
Kids First welcomes children who have self or plan managed NDIS funding and we’re here to help.
What makes Kids First different?
Some of Kids First’s team members are special needs parents just like you …
We have children and other family members diagnosed with disabilities like autism, anxiety and intellectual disabilities…. So we have been where you are and are committed to reaching out to your family.
Because of our own experiences, we understand that traipsing around from therapist to therapist is draining and difficult for you and your child… that’s why we offer all of our services under one, conveniently located roof.
At our centre in Brookvale, we’ve gathered a highly trained, vastly experienced team of proactive disability specialists. Under one roof, you’ll find:
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Child Psychology
- Family Counseling
- Social Skills Groups and much more
Our experience: Autism and other disabilities
Since 2007, Kids First’s highly trained Early Intervention team has supported hundreds of northern beaches children with challenges like:
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Down Syndrome
- Sensory Processing Disorder
- Cerebral Palsy
- Rett’s Disorder
- Fragile X syndrome
- Hearing impairment
- Sight impairment
- Prader-Willi syndrome
- and other developmental delays
Unlike other services, where therapists from different companies and locations simply join forces ‘on paper’ in order to to be eligible to offer NDIS, Helping Children with Autism or Better Start funded therapy, Kids First is a truly multi-disciplinary practice.
At Kids First, you and your child will benefit from the advice and practical support of one team, who work together every day at our large and conveniently located centre in Brookvale.
We will combine our talents to help your child have a meaningful, successful and enjoyable childhood.
We will work you and with each other so that your life is easier and your child is happier and more successful.
You can trust Kids First’s fully qualified and experienced professionals to help your child and family receive the support you deserve.
Our speech pathologists can help if you have concerns about:
- Your child’s delayed speech
- The clarity of your child’s sounds or words
- Your child’s ability to understand words
- The number of words/sentences your child is able to say
- The way your child hears and remembers sounds
- Social skills
Our Occupational Therapists can help you to find solutions to common behaviour and learning problems, like:
- Sensory processing problems
- Frequent emotional ‘meltdowns’
- Inability to keep up with peers’ language, play or physical skills
- Inability to concentrate and pay attention
- Memory, organisation skills and learning difficulties
If you have a child with autism, Asperger syndrome, Down Syndrome or other difficulties, our child psychologists can support you. We’re here to help you with:
- Understanding your child’s diagnosis
- Managing your disabled child’s behaviour
- Support for yourself, your child’s siblings or other family members
- Decision making related to preschool and school
- Your child’s anxiety
- How to support your child through friendship issues
- Learning difficulties
- Formal assessments of your child’s IQ, learning potential and skills
- Understanding your child’s diagnosis
National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
Kids First can help your child meet his or her goals with professional, evidence-based therapy and support services if your child’s NDIS Plan is:
- Managed by a Registered Plan Management Provider,
Simply give Kids First Children’s Servcies a call on 9938 5419 to chat about how we can help your child make the most of his or her NDIS funding.
Early Intervention funding
The Australian Government provides children with some disabilities with up to $12,000 of funding to ensure that they are able to access high quality Early Intervention in the years before their seventh birthday.
In 2008, Kids First was one of the very first services in the northern beaches to be selected as an Early Intervention Provider for the Helping Children with Autism initiative.
In 2011, Kids First was again selected to support children who are eligible for Better Start for Children with a Disability funding.
At Kids First, we take our responsibilities as an accredited Early Intervention Provider very seriously.
We approach our role with honesty and integrity. We have consistently met stringent multi-disciplinary selection criteria for many years.
If your child is eligible for Early Intervention funding support, you can be confident that Kids First will respect and actively support your right to use your child’s funding as you see fit.
- You don’t need a doctor’s referral to see a professional at Kids First
- You don’t need to wait for your child to be diagnosed with a delay or disability… we can help now
- You don’t need to wait for funding to come through for therapy to begin
- Private health fund and Medicare rebates are available at Kids First (please check with your policy or doctor for details)
- You can save time and money with on the spot private health fund rebates are conveniently processed via HICAPS
Kids First’s speech therapists, occupational therapists, psychologists and teachers are passionate about supporting your special needs child and you!
Call us on (02) 9938 5419 to find out how we can support your family or contact us using the on-line form below.