Call us : (02) 9938 5419
Apply now if your passion for supporting kids matches ours!
Kids First Children’s Services is an established, family owned private practice with a stellar reputation for clinical excellence and for the fun and friendly way in which we help children to overcome their challenges.
Since 2007, our award-winning team of experienced team of speech pathologists, occupational therapists, child psychologists and teachers has helped more than 13,000 northern beaches children and their families.
With 12 years’ history, we are now expanding in order to meet our community’s needs.
We’re known for our experienced clinical team, active community involvement, superior client service and the wide range of innovative supports we provide to children and their families.
We’re looking for enthusiastic paediatric occupational therapist who is willing, able and ready to be a part of a special practice from January 2020.
Main responsibilities of this role include:
- Providing warm, responsive and evidence based therapeutic support to children aged 3 to 16
- Conducting screenings and assessments to determine children’s needs and provide ethical advice to parents/carers
- Working in partnership with families to meet children’s goals
- Collaborating with speech pathologists, psychologists and special educators who are part of Kids First’s on-site multi-disciplinary team
- Conducting occasional visits to schools and preschools to support teachers and carers
- Liaising with professionals in the community such as GPs, allied health services, preschools and schools
- Meeting medico-legal compliance requirements for Medicare, the NDIS and private health funds
- Contributing to Kids First’s popular Community Service program
- Taking advantage of regular supervision and mentoring (provided by Kids First) to support your professional development
To be considered for this opportunity you will have:
- Recognised degree or equivalent in Occupational Therapy
- Professional registration with the Occupational Therapy Board of Australia (AHPRA)
- Eligibility to hold a Medicare Provider Number
- Previous experience in a paediatric OT setting
- Current Working With Children Check
- Demonstrated ability to support children with a variety of clinical needs, including motor coordination, sensory and emotional regulation challenges
- Commitment to delivering superior therapeutic support to children of all ages and abilities
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong people and team-working skills
- A high level of efficiency, accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to be innovative and show initiative
- A positive, mature and helpful approach to your work
- The ability to work well in a busy setting
- Availability to work 3-5 days per week
New grads and early career OTs
We welcome applications from new career clinicians who have worked with children in the past and have a clear focus on becoming the best possible OT that they can be.
To secure a position as a member of Kids First’s experienced team, you will need to provide evidence of your:
- Strong personal alignment with Kids First’s Core Values
- Prior clinical, volunteer or work experiences that have provided you with insights into children’s learning, development and behaviour
- Strong work ethic and willingness to continue your professional learning both in and out of work hours
- Willingness to be mentored and supported, while also being accountable for your own performance and growth
- Commitment to your membership of the Kids First team for at least two years
The opportunity to work full-time with Kids First may present in the future should that suit your needs and ours.
Not just ‘Any OT’
At Kids First, our Core Values are Care, Kindness, Compassion and Making a Contribution.
We are not looking for simply ‘any OT’.
We’re looking for a genuine team player, excellent clinical practitioner and outstanding communicator who shares our commitment, mission and values.
If you seek a role where you can contribute to a culture that values whole-hearted connections with children, families and colleagues, this could be the perfect job for you.
If you want to work with a vibrant, values-based team and have the skills to make a positive difference to our practice, we would love to hear from you.
To be considered for this role, please include a brief cover letter with your CV outlining how you meet the above criteria and the contact details of two professional referees.
Email your application to sonja [at] kids-first.com.au or call Kids First Children’s Services on (02) 9938 5419 for more information.
Want to know more?
Take a look around this website to get a feel for what we do, and if you’d like more information, give Kids First Children’s Services a call on (02)9938 5419 and ask for our director, Sonja Walker