Use your gifts to help kids thrive and not just cope!
As an occupational therapist, you’re committed to making a positive and permanent change to children’s lives.
You love working in a diverse team and you get extra joy when you collaborate with like-minded colleagues who share your values.
Of course, you…
- Have great people and communication skills
- Want to really thrive in a vibrant, values-based team
- Are keen to contribute to a positive culture
- Enjoy the light-hearted side of work and life
- Are committed to using your skills for good
And maybe right this moment …
- You’re thinking you need a new challenge
- You know it’s time for a change
- You’re balancing family and work responsibilities and need a role that’s close to home
- You’re new to your career as an OT, but have an extensive working history working with and supporting children and families (such as education or disability support etc)
- You’re working in another paediatric environment (e.g. school or community health) and are keen to experience the advantages of private practice.
If this sounds like you, an opportunity to make an enormous difference to the lives of children and families is waiting for you at Kids First Children’s Services.
- Kids First Children’s Services is a stable, successful, private practice in Sydney’s northern beaches.
- Since 2007, our award-winning speech pathologists, occupational therapists, psychologists and teachers have helped more than 15,000 children and their families.
- We’re known for helping kids to thrive and not just cope, and for supporting children of all ages and abilities.
- With 14 years’ history, we are busier than ever before and expanding our OT team in order to meet our community’s needs.
In this role, you will:
- Provide warm, responsive and evidence based therapeutic support to your caseload of children aged 3 to 16
- Work in partnership with families to meet children’s goals
- Collaborate with speech pathologists, psychologists, OTs and special educators who are part of Kids First’s on-site multi-disciplinary team
- Learn, laugh and take advantage of regular team meetings, team retreats, supervision and mentoring (provided by Kids First)
- Liaise with professionals in the community such as GPs, allied health services, preschools and schools
- Be acknowledged and rewarded for the results you achieve
Days and hours
We are looking for an OT to join us initially for 3 to 4 days per week.
(If you prefer to work fewer days, job-sharing will be considered for the right candidates)
As many of our clients are school aged, you will need to have after school and some school holiday availability.
Kids First offers its team members the security of generous, above Award salaried positions.
Regular professional supervision is an integral part of ensuring that every clinician in our practice has the opportunity to not only be supported, but also to grow as a person and practitioner.
When you join the Kids First team, we provide (and pay for!) regular mentoring that enhances your professional development.
Remuneration for this role will be absolutely aligned with your experience and the value that you bring to our practice.
Not just ‘Any OT’
At Kids First, our Core Values are Care, Kindness, Compassion and Making a Contribution.
We are not looking for simply ‘any’ OT.
We’re looking for a genuine team player, excellent clinical practitioner and outstanding communicator who shares our commitment, mission and values.
If you seek a role where you can contribute to a culture that values whole-hearted connections with children, families and colleagues, this could be the perfect job for you.
If you want to work with a vibrant, values-based team and have the skills to make a positive difference to our practice and the people who are part of it, we would love to hear from you.
- Enthusiastic consumer of cake, treats and the occasional team lunch that may or may not involve pizza (Yes, Kids First is that kind of place)
- Recognised degree or equivalent in Occupational Therapy
- Current registration with the Occupational Therapy Board of Australia and AHPRA
- Eligibility to hold a Medicare Provider Number
- Previous experience in a paediatric OT setting
- Current Working With Children Check
- Demonstrated ability to support children with a variety of clinical needs, including motor coordination, sensory and emotional regulation challenges
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- A high level of efficiency, accuracy and attention to detail
- A positive, mature and helpful approach to your work
- Ability to support kids and families outside school hours
- Local resident of northern Sydney
- Previous experience working with children who have disabilities or other additional needs
- Understanding of children with sensory regulation needs
Email your application to sonja [at] kids-first.com.au and please include:
- A brief cover letter with your CV outlining how you meet the above criteria
- Your resume
- The contact details of two professional referees.
Alternately, please feel warmly welcome to call Kids First Children’s Services on (02) 9938 5419 to have a confidential chat about this role with our director, Sonja Walker.