Call us : (02) 9938 5419
You’re the kind of person that children and families trust.
You are a caring and confident psychologist who is committed to supporting others and who wants to make a positive difference in others’ lives.
You have great people skills, are a fantastic communicator and enjoy working as part of a dynamic multi-disciplinary team.
You are keen to contribute to a culture where whole-hearted connection with children, families and colleagues is an everyday reality.
And you want to be of a vibrant practice where banter and a few laughs is the norm.
You’re cool under pressure. You’re efficient, innovative and you want to be financially rewarded for the results you achieve and the support you provide.
Either you’re an experienced psychologist who knows it’s time for a change…
Or you may be balancing family and work responsibilities and are interested in a part-time role that allows you to manage the demands of your personal and professional life.
Perhaps you work in another paediatric environment, such as a school or community health, and are keen to make the move to private practice in a part-time capacity.
Good news! An opportunity is waiting for you at Kids First Children’s Services.
Kids First Children’s Services is an established, family owned private practice in Sydney’s northern beaches.
We’re known for our experienced clinical team, active community involvement, superior client service and the wide range of innovative supports we provide to children and their families.
Since 2007, our award-winning speech pathologists, occupational therapists, psychologists and teachers have helped more than 13,000 northern beaches children and their families.
With 13 years’ history, we are now expanding in order to meet our community’s needs.
Main responsibilities of this role include:
- Providing warm, responsive and evidence based therapeutic support to children aged 3 to 18
- Working in partnership with families to meet children’s goals
- Collaborating with speech pathologists, psychologists and special educators who are part of Kids First’s on-site multi-disciplinary team
- Liaising with professionals in the community such as GPs, allied health services and teachers
- Conducting occasional psychometric assessments and writing associated reports
- Meeting medico-legal compliance requirements for Medicare, the NDIS and private health funds
- Contributing to Kids First’s popular Community Service program
Days and hours
We are looking for a psychologist to join us on Thursdays and/or Fridays, plus Saturdays during 2020 (Saturdays during school terms only)
To be considered for this opportunity, you will have:
- Full and current AHPRA registration as a psychologist
- Current membership of the Australian Psychological Society
- Immediate eligibility for Medicare Provider status
- Warm, caring interpersonal skills and a flexible, “can do” approach
- Minimum 3 years’ post-graduate experience working with children and adolescents
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, and proficient computer skills
- Confidence in the preparation of written reports relating to client matters (e.g., case notes, assessment reports, NDIS reports, GP letters, referrals and case reviews).
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Working with Children Check
- National Police Check
- Permanent Australian Residency
- ABN and professional indemnity insurance
- Availability to work 2 to 3 days per week
- Ability to support kids and families outside school hours (e.g. after 4pm on weekdays and Saturdays)
- Local resident of northern Sydney
- Willingness to be involved in Kids First’s innovative Community Service Seminar program
Not just ‘Any Psychologist’
At Kids First, our Core Values are Care, Kindness, Compassion and Making a Contribution.
We are not looking for simply ‘any psychologist’.
We’re looking for a genuine team player, excellent clinical practitioner and outstanding communicator who shares our commitment, mission and values.
If you seek a role where you can contribute to a culture that values whole-hearted connections with children, families and colleagues, this could be the perfect job for you.
If you want to work with a vibrant, values-based team and have the skills to make a positive difference to our practice, we would love to hear from you.
To be considered for this role, please include a brief cover letter with your CV outlining how you meet the above criteria and the contact details of two professional referees.
Email your application to sonja [at] kids-first.com.au or call Kids First Children’s Services on (02) 9938 5419 for more information.