The environment in which you raise your children will be the foundation of their lives.
While no family is perfect, the values you have, models you set and strategies you use at home will be key factors in setting your children up for happy, healthy and resilient futures.
We hope that these resources, compiled by the team at Kids First Children’s Services, will prove helpful for you now and in the years to come.
Books for parents
- Discipline Without Damage: How to Get Your Kids to Behave Without Messing Them Up by Dr Vanessa Lapointe
- The Whole Brain Child by Dr Daniel Siegal and Tina Payne Bryson
- Everyday Resilience and The Everyday Resilience Journal by Michelle Mitchell
- No Drama Discipline Dr Daniel Siegal and Tina Payne Bryson
- School Ready: A practical and supportive guide for parents with sensitive kids by Sonja Walker
- Real Kids in an Unreal World by Maggie Dent
Books for children
- Big life Journal for Kids Aged 7 -10
- Big life Journal for Teens (ages 11+)
- The Everyday Resilience Journal: A pre-teens guide to friendships, schoolwork and growing up! By Michelle Mitchell
Concerned about your child’s resilience?
Kids First Children’s Services offers a range of individual and small group programs that support children’s problem solving, social and resilience skills. Contact us on 9938 5419 to find out about: