Free on-line webinars and workshops for parents of school aged children with Autism are are available for parents of children diagnosed with autism…. so if you have a child aged 5-18 with ASD, consider yourself invited!
These fantastic programs are run by Positive Partnerships and funded by the Australian Government’s Department of Education.
Why attend an on-line autism workshop?
- To develop positive relationships with your child’s teacher and school
- To receive the most up-to-date information on autism spectrum disorder
- To part of a network in your community
What will you gain by attending?
- A greater understanding of the impact of autism on your child, both at school and at home
- Knowledge about how to develop effective parent, school and teacher partnerships
- Specific strategies on how to:
- advocate for your child
- support your child’s participation at school
- develop an awareness of ongoing learning needs
- Information about your local school system’s processes
- Opportunities for you to network and share strategies with other parents/carers and local support personnel
- Access to specific practical strategies around a range of topics relevant to students with an ASD and their families
How it works…
- Register at Positive Partnerships
- You will then receive:
- Access to parent networks, local expertise and information
- Trained facilitators to guide you through evidence based material
- Acknowledgement of your experience as a parent / carer of a child on the autism spectrum
- Access to the Positive Partnerships Online Learning Platform which provides dedicated additional resources