Call us : (02) 9938 5419
Does your child:
- Feel frightened by many situations
- Avoid experiences that other kids take in their stride?
- Complain of physical symptoms like headaches or a sore tummy when they have to do something they are uneasy about or unfamiliar with?
- Have sleep difﬁculties, including difﬁculty falling asleep, nightmares and trouble sleeping alone?
- Have lots of worries and a strong need for reassurance?
- Tend to be a bit of a perfectionist?
- Seem reluctant to ask for help?
- Worry about joining in class discussion, take part in sport or games or go to school excursions or camps?
- Spend a lot of time in the school sick bay?
Presenter – Robyn Fallshaw
Robyn has helped hundreds of families to overcome the emotional and behavioural challenges presented by their anxious children.
In this valuable 2 hour presentation, Robyn will help you to understand the symptoms of children’s anxiety, share proven strategies for supporting anxious children and provide guidance about when to seek help so that your anxious child can learn to enjoy life more and cope better at home, pre-school and school
Who is this event for?
How to help Your Anxious Child is relevant for parents of children aged 4-12. Early educators, preschool staff, teachers and other professionals who work with young children are also most welcome to attend.
Date: Wednesday, 4 April 2018
Time: 7.30pm to 9.30pm
Venue: The Chairman’s Lounge, Brookvale Oval
The Chairman’s Lounge is located in the Ken Arthurson stand on the first floor of the Brookvale Oval stadium complex. Entry is via the stairs near the main gate located on Alfred Street, Brookvale. Parking is available in the Brookvale Oval complex and in neighbouring streets.
Your respect for our cancellation policy (detailed below) is appreciated
Free places at Kids First Community Service Seminars are reserved on a first-come, first served basis and due to the heavy expected demand for this event, bookings are essential.
This will be the only presentation of this seminar for 2018.
If you book a place and fail to attend this event, another family may miss out on the opportunity to participate. Should your plans change, please inform us of your change of circumstances at least 24 hours prior to the event. Kids First reserves the right to wait-list guests who have held bookings for free Community Service Seminars in the past and have, without notice, failed to attend.