Call us : (02) 9938 5419
Does your child:
- Feel frightened by many situations
- Avoid experiences that other kids take in their stride?
- Complain of physical symptoms like headaches or a sore tummy when they have to do something they are uneasy about or unfamiliar with?
- Have sleep difﬁculties, including difﬁculty falling asleep, nightmares and trouble sleeping alone?
- Have lots of worries and a strong need for reassurance?
- Tend to be a bit of a perfectionist?
- Seem reluctant to ask for help?
- Worry about joining in class discussion, take part in sport or games or go to school excursions or camps?
- Spend a lot of time in the school sick bay?
Presenter – Lincoln Comans
Psychologist Lincoln Comans has many years’ experience in supporting anxious children.
Well known for his innovative work, which often includes the use of a gentle therapy dog named Brando, Lincoln has helped hundreds of families to overcome the emotional and behavioural challenges presented by their anxious children.
In this valuable 2 hour presentation, Lincoln will help you to understand the symptoms of children’s anxiety and provide you with clues about how anxiety may be a factor that impacts upon your child’s behaviour.
He will share proven strategies for supporting anxious children and provide guidance about when to seek help so that your anxious child can learn how to enjoy life more and cope better at home, preschool and school.
Please Note: Demand for this event is exceptionally high and as a result:
- Northern beaches residents will receive priority placement until Friday 3 May
- Allocations to waitlisted out-of-area guests will be made by 12 noon on Monday 6 May
- Entry is by ticket only (sent via email when your place is confirmed)
Date: Tuesday, 7 May 2019
Time: 7.00pm to 9.00pm
Venue: The Chairman’s Lounge, Brookvale Oval
The Chairman’s Lounge is located in the Ken Arthurson stand on the first floor of the Brookvale Oval stadium complex. Entry is via the stairs near the main gate located on Alfred Street, Brookvale. Parking is available in the Brookvale Oval complex and in neighbouring streets.
Your respect for our cancellation policy (detailed below) is appreciated
Free places at Kids First Community Service Seminars are reserved on a first-come, first served basis and due to the heavy expected demand for this event, bookings are essential.
This will be the only presentation of this seminar for 2019.
If you book a place and fail to attend this event, another family may miss out on the opportunity to participate. Should your plans change, please inform us of your change of circumstances at least 24 hours prior to the event. Kids First reserves the right to wait-list guests who have held bookings for free Community Service Seminars in the past and have, without notice, failed to attend.