Call us : (02) 9938 5419
Apply now if your passion for supporting kids matches ours!
Kids First Children’s Services is an established, family owned private practice with a stellar reputation for clinical excellence and for the fun and friendly way in which we help children to overcome their challenges.
Since 2007, our award-winning team of experienced team of speech pathologists, occupational therapists, child psychologists and teachers has helped more than 12,500 northern beaches children and their families.
With 12 years’ history, we are now expanding in order to meet our community’s needs.
We pride ourselves on our superior client service, and are seeking an experienced paediatric occupational therapist who enjoys working with children, families and a close-knit team.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Providing warm, responsive and evidence based therapeutic support to children aged 3 to 16
- Conducting screenings and assessments to determine children’s needs and provide ethical advice to parents/carers
- Working in partnership with families to meet children’s goals
- Collaborating with speech pathologists, psychologists and teachers who are part of Kids First’s on-site multi-disciplinary team
- Conducting occasional visits to schools and preschools to support teachers and carers
- Liaising with professionals in the community such as GPs, allied health services, preschools and schools
- Meeting medico-legal compliance requirements for Medicare, the NDIS and private health funds
- Contributing to Kids First’s popular Community Service program
- Taking advantage of regular supervision and mentoring (provided by Kids First) to support your professional development
To be considered for this opportunity you will have:
- Recognised degree or equivalent in Occupational Therapy
- Professional registration with the Occupational Therapy Board of Australia (AHPRA)
- Immediate eligibility to hold a Medicare Provider Number
- Previous post-graduate experience in a paediatric OT setting
- Current Working With Children Check
- Demonstrated ability to support children with a variety of clinical needs, including motor coordination, sensory and emotional regulation challenges
- Commitment to delivering superior therapeutic support to children of all ages and abilities
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong people and team-working skills
- A high level of efficiency, accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to be innovative and show initiative
- A positive, mature and helpful approach to your work
- The ability to work well in a busy setting
- Availability to work 3-4 days per week including Saturdays
Not just ‘Any OT’
At Kids First, our core values are care, kindness, compassion and making a contribution.
We are not looking for simply ‘any OT’. We’re looking for an experienced allied health professional who is a team player, has great clinical skills and shares our commitment, mission and values.
The opportunity to work full-time with Kids First may present in the future should that suit your needs and ours.
If you seek a role where you can contribute to a culture that values whole-hearted connections with children, families and colleagues, this could be the perfect job for you.
If you want to work with a vibrant, values-based team and have the skills to make a positive difference to our practice, we would love to hear from you.
To be considered for this role, please include a brief cover letter with your CV outlining how you meet the above criteria and the contact details of two professional referees.
Email your application to sonja [at] kids-first.com.au or call Kids First Children’s Services on (02) 9938 5419 for more information.
Want to know more?
Take a look around this website to get a feel for what we do, and if you’d like more information, give Kids First Children’s Services a call on (02)9938 5419 and ask for our director, Sonja Walker