Call us : (02) 9938 5419
You are a caring, confident registered or clinical psychologist who is committed to making a positive difference in the lives of kids and families.
- Have great people and communication skills
- Thrive in a vibrant, values-based team
- Are keen to contribute to a positive culture
- Enjoy the light-hearted side of work and life
- Are committed to using your skills for good
- You need a new challenge and know it’s time for a change
- Are balancing family and work responsibilities and need a role that’s close to home
- Are new to your career as a psychologist, but have an extensive working history that has involved working with, and supporting, children and families (such as education, school counsellor etc)
- Are working in another paediatric environment (e.g. school or community health) and are keen to experience the advantages of private practice.
If this sounds like you, an opportunity is waiting for you at Kids First Children’s Services.
- Kids First Children’s Services is an established, family owned private practice in Sydney’s northern beaches.
- Since 2007, our award-winning speech pathologists, occupational therapists, psychologists and teachers have helped more than 13,500 northern beaches children and their families.
- With 13 years’ history, we are busier than ever before and expanding in order to meet our community’s needs.
Main responsibilities of this role:
- Providing warm, responsive and evidence based therapeutic support to children aged 3 to 18
- Working in partnership with families to meet children’s goals
- Collaborating with speech pathologists, occupational therapists, psychologists and special educators who are part of Kids First’s on-site multi-disciplinary team
- Liaising with professionals in the community such as GPs, allied health services and teachers
- Conducting assessments such as WISC-V, WPPSI, Conners, DST, Vanderbilt
- Contributing to Kids First’s popular Community Service program (post COVID-19 of course!)
Days and hours
We are looking for a psychologist to join us 4 to 5 days per week. One of these is Saturdays from 8.30am until 3.00pm.
(If you prefer to work fewer days, job-sharing will be considered for the right candidates)
Kids First offers its team members the security of salaried positions that are offered at above award rates.
Regular professional supervision and PD is an integral part of ensuring that every clinician in our practice has the opportunity to not only be supported, but also grow as a person and practitioner.
Remuneration for this role will be aligned with your experience and the value that you will undoubtedly bring to our practice.
Not just ‘Any Psychologist’
At Kids First, our Core Values are Care, Kindness, Compassion and Making a Contribution.
We are not looking for simply ‘any psychologist’.
We’re looking for a genuine team player, excellent clinical practitioner and outstanding communicator who shares our commitment, mission and values.
If you seek a role where you can contribute to a culture that values whole-hearted connections with children, families and colleagues, this could be the perfect job for you.
- Full and current AHPRA registration as a psychologist (or registration is imminent)
- Eligibility for Medicare Provider status
- Warm, caring interpersonal skills and a flexible, “can do” approach
- Minimum 3 years’ post-graduate experience working with children and adolescents
- Experience working with children and families who have additional needs
- Experience in conducting assessments using tools such as WISC-V, WPPSI-III, WIAT, DST, Vanderbilt and/or Conners
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, and proficient computer skills
- Willingness to contribute to a multidisciplinary team
- Working with Children Check
- National Police Check
- Permanent Australian Residency
- Ability to support kids and families outside school hours (e.g. after 4pm on weekdays and Saturdays)
- Enthusiastic consumer of cake, treats and the occasional team lunch that may or may not involve pizza
- Local resident of northern Sydney
- Availability to work 4 to 5 days per week (if you prefer to work fewer days, job-sharing will be considered for the right candidates)
- Willingness to be involved in Kids First’s innovative Community Service Seminar program (post-COVID)
Please include a brief cover letter with your CV outlining how you meet the above criteria and the contact details of two professional referees.
Email your application to sonja [at] kids-first.com.au or call Kids First Children’s Services on (02) 9938 5419 for a confidential chat
Want to know more?
Take a look around this website to get a feel for what we do, and if you’d like more information, give Kids First Children’s Services a call on (02)9938 5419 and ask for our director, Sonja Walker