Making a difference means something to you!
Making a positive, permanent impact on the lives of children and their families is your mission.
Being part of a team that shares your values and purpose adds even more meaning to what you do.
Of course, you:
- Are a fun, confident, and innovative Psychologist, Social Worker or Provisional Psychologist or who loves to support kids and their families.
- Have great people skills, are a fantastic communicator and enjoy working as part of a dynamic multi-disciplinary team.
- Are keen to contribute to a culture where whole-hearted connection with children, families and colleagues is an everyday reality.
- Want to be of a vibrant practice where banter and a few laughs are the norm.
- Are committed to using your skills for good.
And maybe right this moment …
- You’re looking for that ‘perfect paediatric role’ that will give you the chance to build meaningful realtionships with children and families.
- You understand that to truly make a difference in the world, learning from like-minded colleagues is vital.
- You want more satisfaction from your job than you are currently experiencing
- You’re new to your clinical career, but have extensive experience working with and supporting children and families (such as education, behaviour or disability support services)
- You’re working in another paediatric environment (e.g. school or community health) and are keen to experience the advantages of private practice.
If this sounds like you, an opportunity to create enormous impact as a Child & Family Clinician is waiting for you at Kids First Children’s Services.
- Kids First Children’s Services is a thriving, family-owned private practice in Sydney’s northern beaches.
- Since 2007, our award-winning Speech Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Psychologists, Child and Family Clinicians and Special Educators have helped more than 16,000 children and their families.
- With 14 years’ history, we are busier than ever before and our Child and Family Support team is expanding to meet our community’s needs.
When you join the Kids First team, you’ll:
- Provide warm, responsive and evidence-based therapeutic support to children aged 3 to 16
- Work in partnership with families to help children to overcome their social, emotional and behavioural challenges
- Collaborate with Speech Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Psychologists, Child and Family Clinicians and Special Educators who are part of Kids First’s on-site multi-disciplinary team
- Be part of our innovative service delivery program which includes individual interventions, fun small group programs and valuable school holiday activities
- Benefit from weekly team meetings and case conferences as well as team retreats
- Develop your professional skills under the supervision and guidance of highly respected PsyBa-Accredited Supervisor and Consultant Psychologist, Kate Caldecott-Davis.
Days and hours
We are looking for a provisional psychologist to join us initially for 2 to 4 days per week.
Candidates who are available on Saturdays between 8.00am and 2.00pm will be highly regarded.
Kids First offers its team members the security of generous salaried positions.
Regular professional supervision is an integral part of ensuring that every clinician in our practice has the opportunity to not only be supported, but also to grow as a person and practitioner.
When you join the Kids First team, we provide (and pay for!) supervision that enhances your professional development.
Remuneration for this role will be absolutely aligned with your experience and the value that you bring to our practice.
Our Core Values
At Kids First, our Core Values are Care, Kindness, Compassion and Making a Contribution.
We want to hear from exceptional Social Workers or 5+1 or 4+2 Provisional Psychologists who:
- Are dedicated to building a career in child and adolescent psychology
- Have demonstrated previous experience in a paediatric setting with children who have unique needs
- Want career development and security as a long-term member of our visionary, award-winning multi-disciplinary team
Our Child & Family Clinician Team
Provisional Psychologists at Kids First are members of our Child and Family Clinician team.
These roles require some clinical experience, however, if you have additional experience working with children (for example, you have teaching qualifications or extensive paediatric experience in behaviour or disability support setting) we encourage you to apply for this role.
- Enthusiastic consumer of cake, treats and the occasional team lunch that may or may not involve pizza – yes, Kids First is that kind of place
- AHPRA registration as Provisional Psychologist or accreditation as a Mental Health Social Worker
- Warm, caring interpersonal skills and a flexible, “can do” approach
- Experience supporting children with behavioural, social and emotional challenges
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Working with Children Check
- National Police Check
- Permanent Australian residency
- Ability to support kids and families outside school hours
- Local resident of northern Sydney
- Experience working with children who have disabilities or other additional needs
Email your application to sonja [at] kids-first.com.au and please include:
- A brief cover letter with your CV outlining how you meet the above criteria
- Your resume
- The contact details of two professional referees.
Alternately, please feel warmly welcome to call Kids First Children’s Services on (02) 9938 5419 to have a confidential chat about this role with our director, Sonja Walker.